It’s already the second month of the year, and I have yet to share any healthy tips with you. I’ve been working on getting my family to eat more healthy for quite some time. Today, I thought I’d share a delicious pork and vegetable recipe with you.
You can use wildgame meat or something store bought. I’ve made it with many meats but last night used meat from a pig we bought from a young 4-H member.
Pork and Vegetable Stir-Fry (or cougar or pronghorn)
- 1 Large castiron skillet or wok
- 1 pound ground pork (or cougar or pronghorn)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 pound Brussels Sprouts (approximately 20 ea)
- 1 each orange bell pepper
- 1 each zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 each lemon
- 4 tbsp soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a cast-iron skillet or wok, add the avocado oil and heat it on medium. Add the ground pork to the skillet. Cook until the meat is golden brown in color.
- While the meat is browning, prepare your vegetables; Shred the Brussels sprouts in a food processor, using a thin slicing blade. Cut the bell pepper and remove the seeds, then slice it into approximate 1/4-inch strips. Slice the zucchini lengthwise, then chop them into 1/4-inch chunks.
- When the meat has browned, add the vegetables and walnuts to the pan, followed by the lemon juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire, and crushed red pepper. Add salt and pepper to taste, and stir the mixture and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- When the mixture is cooked through, stir in the blueberries and serve immediately.
***Note, as with any recipe, adjust it to make it your own.
Tried it? Tag and share on social media!@MiaAnstine
Connect with Mia – ►Twitter ►Facebook ►Pinterest ►YouTube ►Instagram
I’m also available on other social outlets — Look up Mia Anstine.
Mia Anstine is an outdoor writer, licensed outfitter, hunting guide, life coach, keynote speaker, and range safety officer, firearms instructor, and archery instructor. She is the founder of MAC Outdoors and Host of the MAC Outdoors Podcast.
Mia Anstine strives to encourage others to outdoors, hunt, fish, shoot, and survive life with others in a positive way.
This website contains affiliate links. For information on what this means, click here.
Want to write to me?
MAC Outdoors LLC
PO Box 31
Ignacio, CO 81137-0031
One Reply to “Wild Game Pork and Vegetable Stir-Fry”
This sounds like it’d taste amazing, thanks!
Comments are closed.