I’m happy you stopped by. I hail from the mountains of beautiful Southwest Colorado. I grew up near the San Juan River and have fond memories of days in the mountains and by the waterway. As a child, I spent many days near the river in front of our home and hiking in the hills behind. It is there that I began my adventures and learned to respect the outdoors.
My father hunted to provide for our family. He taught me firearm safety. I learned how to dress and process animals. My mother taught me how to fish that beautiful San Juan. She also showed me how to prepare wild game, garden, sew, and to live off the land.
In my teen years, my parents divorced and my mother and I moved to the city. It is there that I learned to truly appreciate the outdoors and all my fantastic experiences as a young child. I returned to Colorado and now spend many days in the field, hunting, fishing, and shooting. It is important for everyone to get a chance to connect with Mother Nature and the outdoor life.
My goal is to share the experience with others. It’s important for everyone to get a chance to connect with Mother Nature and the outdoor life. I always look forward to sharing my many unforgettable adventures. I strive to conserve wildlife, habitat, and all of God’s creation.
I am hunting guide at Wolf Creek Outfitters. I teach firearms and archery skills, and assist in hunter education. I write, vlog, and contribute to podcasts. I do all of this in hopes to inspire others.
Free-lance writer, Commentator, Podcast Host
I share tips, tactics, reviews, stories and more. All done with a goal of inspiring others to learn about conservation, wildlife, habitat, hunting, shooting, survival, ranching, the wild west and MORE. WHEW! That’s a lot, huh?
Posts, articles, video, and interviews including me. CLICK HERE
- I am a member of Safari Club International and an active board member for my local SCI chapter.
- I am currently serving my second term on the Colorado’s Sportsman’s Roundtable committee.
- I am currently a board member of the Professional Outdoor Media Association.
- I’m a lifetime National Rifle Association member.
- I’m a member of the National Wild Turkey Federation.
- I’m a member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.
- I’m a member of Ducks Unlimited.
- I’m a member of the Pope & Young Club.
- I’m a member of the Colorado Bowhunter’s Association.
- I’m a member of the National Shooting Sports Foundation.
Advertisements on this site do not express or represent the opinion of MAC Outdoors or Mia Anstine.