Mia Anstine writes from her home, the “Funny Farm,” in the Rocky Mountains of southwest Colorado. She grew up in a small house on a dirt road along the San Juan River. Her father hunted to put food on the table. Mia’s mom grew a garden, sewed, and taught her daughter how to fish. Her great-grandfather used to visit the area for annual hunting trips and passed on his skills to Mia’s father, who passed them on to her. From her rural home base, Mia’s traveled to pursue wild animals around the world. She guides hunters chasing elk, mule deer, black bears, and Merriam’s turkeys in southwest Colorado and northern New Mexico.
Growing up, Mia learned about all things wonderful through a simple, pioneer way of life. Most people these days will never have the opportunity to experience, or even understand, the ways of living independent of technology. It’s that basic style of living in the Colorado mountains that inspired her to encourage others to get outside, hunt, fish, shoot, cook, eat, survive, create, and live life in a positive way.
Mia’s work has been featured on television, radio, and in newspapers and magazines. She is a hunting guide and instructor in archery, firearms, and other outdoor-related skills. She’s an engaging speaker, commentator, and instructor.
Mia has been featured in numerous interviews, and her passion for influencing others projected Mia to becoming the first American woman to be featured on the cover of Field & Stream magazine (the August 2016 issue). Mia, along with 10 other ladies profiled inside, are “feet-on-the-ground,” everyday women who are making a difference in the outdoor and hunting industries. She’s also been featured in KJ Houtman’s “Why Women Hunt” and Chris Crisman’s “Women’s Work.”
With her inspiration and passion to share, Mia has created her business, MAC Outdoors, where you’ll find her articles, videos, podcasts, apparel, accessories, homemade creations, recipes, and more. If you would like to learn more, visit MiaAnstine.com.
Associations of which Mia is a member
- Chairman of the Region Representatives of Safari Club International and active board member for my local SCI chapter.
- Treasurer of the Professional Outdoor Media Association.
- Member of the Women’s Outdoor Media Association.
- Member of the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association.
- Member of the Colorado Cattlemen’s Association.
- Member of Colorado Farm Bureau.
- Life member of the National Rifle Association.
- Member of the National Wild Turkey Federation.
- Member of the Mule Deer Foundation.
- Member of Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.
- Member of Ducks Unlimited.
- Member of Trout Unlimited.
- Member of and in the record book of the Pope & Young Club.
- Member of Colorado Bowhunter’s Association.
- Member of National Shooting Sports Foundation.
- Mia completed two terms sitting on the Colorado Sportsman’s Roundtable committee.
Want to write to me?
MAC Outdoors LLC
PO Box 5504
Pagosa Springs, CO 81147-5504
Mia Anstine is an outdoor writer, licensed outfitter, hunting guide, keynote speaker, and a range safety officer, firearms instructor, and archery instructor. She is the founder of MAC Outdoors and Host of the MAC Outdoors Podcast.
Mia Anstine strives to encourage others to outdoors, hunt, fish, shoot, and survive life with others in a positive way.
*Disclaimer: Mia Anstine participates in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.amazon.com.
**Disclaimer: all opinions are my own, sponsors are acknowledged. Links in the description are typically affiliate links that allow you to support my channel at no additional cost.