This is a family favorite that will warm your belly and satisfy your family during the cold winter months. You can substitute chicken breasts or pork, if you don’t have turkey left from hunting season. Give it a try, make it your own, and enjoy the meal.
Instant Pot Wild Turkey Green-Chili Posole Recipe
- 6 Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 2 cups green chili peppers roasted, cleaned and chopped
- 2 cans Rotel® Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, 10oz.
- meat from 1 wild turkey (or 4 chicken breasts) cleaned of bones, tendons and veins
- 1 carton chicken stock, 32 oz.
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons caldo
- Sea salt
- 1 package posole, 2 pound
- 4 to 8 cups water
- Add the olive oil, onion and garlic to the pressure cooker and sauté until they are golden. Add the diced green chilis, and heat through until sizzling. Add the Rotel® and let simmer 15–20 minutes.
- Add the turkey meat, posole, chicken stock, caldo, cumin, and 2-3 cups of water to tthe pressure cooker. Follow the manufacturer's guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook, turning the steam nozzle to the closed position. Cook on the beans setting until the posole kernels pop, approximately 45 minutes.
- Use the manufacturer's guide for quick release to check and see if the posole has popped. Always use caution when releasing the steam and unlocking and removing the lid. Reset and resume cooking until the posole kernels have popped.
- Use tongs and a fork to shred any turkey meat, which hasn't fallen apart, before serving.
- Serve with tortillas, cheese, avocado, salsa, cilantro or other items of your choosing.
Help me create better videos for YOU by showing your support at Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/MiaAnstine.
Want to send me items to review?
MAC Outdoors LLC
PO Box 5504
Pagosa Springs, CO 81147-5504
Mia Anstine is an outdoor writer, licensed outfitter, hunting guide, keynote speaker, and a range safety officer, firearms instructor, and archery instructor. She is the founder of MAC Outdoors and Host of the MAC Outdoors Podcast.
Mia Anstine strives to encourage others to outdoors, hunt, fish, shoot, and survive life with others in a positive way.
*Disclaimer: Mia Anstine participates in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to http://www.amazon.com.
**Disclaimer: all opinions are my own, sponsors are acknowledged. Links in the description are typically affiliate links that allow you to support my channel at no additional cost.