MISSOULA, Mont.—The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation celebrated its growing mission accomplishment at its just-completed 2018 Elk Camp in suburban Phoenix, Arizona.
“It is always great when we gather at Elk Camp to feel the excitement and synergy of our members, volunteers and conservation partners who are dedicated to our mission,” said Nancy Holland, RMEF president and CEO. “And getting together in Phoenix was certainly no different. Now our task going forward is to translate that energy and momentum into on-the-ground results that benefit elk and elk country.”
Elk Camp highlights:
- Department of Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke emphasized the growing need for additional access to public land, active forest management and touted the role hunters play in conservation
- Renown conservationist/wildlife researcher Shane Mahoney spoke about his Wild Harvest Initiative which aims to evaluate the biomass and economic value of wild food harvested by hunters and anglers
- Recognition of RMEF chapters and volunteers
- Presented Conservationist of the Year Award to the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources for its past and ongoing elk restoration efforts
- Presented Wallace Fennell Pate Award to Andrew Hoxsey
- Celebrated the five-year anniversary of the
- Torstenson Family Endowment World premieres of “The Bronx Hunter” from RMEF Films and “Both Sides of the Fence #Private or Public” from Jason Matzinger
- Musical performances by Mark Chesnutt, Chuck Wicks, Glen Templeton and Craig Campbell
About the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation:
Founded over 30 years ago, fueled by hunters and a membership of more than 227,000 strong, RMEF has conserved more than 7.3 million acres for elk and other wildlife. RMEF also works to open and improve public access, fund and advocate for science-based resource management, and ensure the future of America’s hunting heritage. Discover why “Hunting Is Conservation™” at www.rmef.org, www.elknetwork.com or 800-CALL ELK.
Help me create better videos for YOU by showing your support at Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/MiaAnstine.
Advertisements on this site do not express or represent the opinion of MAC Outdoors or Mia Anstine. This article may include affiliate links.