At a recent board meeting we discussed ways to share hunting with others. During this COVID-19, social distancing, shut down and panic scenario, we’ve had several friends who needed meat and were thankful to know a hunter.
While we discussed ways to share the hunt with others, Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) had already designed an online webinar series, and you can be a part of this learning experience.
Explore our upcoming Learn to Hunt Webinar Series
Interested in learning how to hunt but not sure where to start? Know someone who might benefit from some hunting tips and tricks? We’re here to help with our upcoming Learn to Hunt webinar series, Thursday nights at 7 pm. on Zoom.
- Virtual Scouting Tools -May 7 – We will cover resources to help you find where to hunt. The Colorado Hunting Atlas, Google Earth, and phone apps can help hunters find places to hunt.
- Understanding Hunt Statistics – May 14 – Learn how to use the free hunt statistics in planning your future big game hunts. Make the most of your draw applications and leftover license options.
- Field Scouting – May 21 – Time spent in the field before your season starts can pay off in hunter success. Let’s talk about making a reasonable plan to get started.
- Big Game Hunting Tactics – May 28 – We will discuss three hunting tactics to try in the field and when you might want to try them.
- Secondary Draw, Leftover Licenses, and OTC Licenses – June 4 – New to Colorado in 2020 is the Secondary Draw. Let’s talk about how this works, as well as leftover and over the counter options for this coming fall.
- Hunt Mentors and Hunt Community – June 11 – A challenge to new hunters, or hunters new to Colorado, is finding people to hunt with. We will discuss opportunities to find mentors and fellow hunters.
Connect with Mia – ►Twitter ►Facebook ►Pinterest ►YouTube ►Instagram
Mia Anstine is an outdoor writer, licensed outfitter, hunting guide, keynote speaker, and a range safety officer, firearms instructor, and archery instructor. She is the founder of MAC Outdoors and Host of the MAC Outdoors Podcast.
Mia Anstine strives to encourage others to outdoors, hunt, fish, shoot, and survive life with others in a positive way.
*Disclaimer: Mia Anstine participates in the Amazon Services, LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to http://www.amazon.com.
**Disclaimer: all opinions are my own, sponsors are acknowledged. Links in the description are typically affiliate links that allow you to support my channel at no additional cost.