Not long ago I took a horseback ride, found a couple shed antlers, spent quality time with my daughter and participated in an interview.We chatted about the outdoors, hunting, shooting and more. See below for more information about my interview with Tom on the Red Hill Sportsman podcast.
Recap of our chat:
(Originally posted on the Red Hill Sportsman)
Our interview started with Mia’s background in the outdoors. You will hear how the outdoors were a big part of her childhood. We also learned about how she became a hunting guide and firearm instructor. We touch base on how women can get involved in the outdoors. Mia Tells us how she introduced the outdoors to her daughter Lea. On this episode, you will hear us talk about how you can find Mia on the web, along with a number of other places you can find info on the outdoors.
- Mia’s Website
- Her Youtube Channel
- Mac Outdoors podcast That she does with her daughter Lea
- NRA YHEC
- NRA ILA
- NRA Ed Eagle Program
- NRA Project Appleseed
- NRA Women’s Wilderness Hunt
- Wyoming Women’s Antelope Hunt
- The well Armed Woman / A Girl With A Gun are other places you can turn to find topics on women in the shooting sports. To explore more of the outdoors visit Becoming an Outdoors Woman
- For more of Mia’s stores visit her Blog
- Mia also writes for Beretta USA and Western Whiptail Magazine
- Along with Mac Outdoors Podcast You can also hear Mia on Armed Lutheran Radio
- Mia also talked about guided hunts and what to expect from a guide. For more info on the topic visit Mia’s Article on questions you should ask Before Booking A Guided Hunt,Part 1 and Part 2
- Some more links for info from the show you may find helpful are
- I asked Mia to share a recommendation for a book that we could add to the Red Hill Library. She suggested Bushcraft 101, which is a book on survival tips for the outdoors. As I said before you can find more info about Mia on her website.
- Just one more side note from Mia on how the people behind the counter have something to do with the experience. Here is Shoot Like A Girl. They’re an outstanding organization, promoting women. They’ve also partnered with Cabela’s on MANY LEVELS but now are working to train the employees on what women want.
- Hope you enjoyed the show. Join the Red Hill Community group on Facebook, and let us know what you think about the show.
- Subscribe, Rate and review us on iTunes