Thomas, aka Tom, is the resident mascot at the ranch and a key socialite. He always enjoys keeping company with family and friends. Thomas enjoys the sound of gunfire and is always close by when the shotguns, rifles or pistols come out. Today he & the kids learned an important safety rule at the range.
Be aware of your surroundings. When handling a firearm, always be aware of what is in front of your gun. Always stand clear of the firing line when you are at a shooting range.
Thomas needed to know that the kids were shooting and stay behind the firing line. The kids needed to be aware that the range wasn’t clear.
A shooter must ensure the range is clear before lifting the firearm to shoot at their target. Thomas and The Little Gal learned that it is not safe for Thomas to stand in front of the shooting bench.
The rules were explained to Thomas and the kids. Always stand clear of the firing line. Thomas stepped behind the fence and quietly watched his friends as they practiced good, safe shots.
Firearm safety rules (according to NRA gun safety rules):
- Always point the gun in a safe direction
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot
- Always keep your gun unloaded until you are ready to use it
- Always know your target and what is in front of or beyond
- Always learn how to use the firearm safely
- Always know your firearm is safe to use (undamaged, clean & operable)
- Always use the correct ammunition for your firearm
- Always wear eye and ear protection
Connect with Mia – ►Twitter ►Facebook ►Pinterest ►YouTube ►Instagram
Advertisements on this site do not express or represent the opinion of MAC Outdoors or Mia Anstine.
5 Replies to “Thomas at the Range”
Very good, great for the kids and Thomas.
No I haven’t signed up yet, how do I do it???
Didn’t know anything about it.
OK i JUST FOUND IT AT THE TOP RIGHT OF THIS PAGE. WILL SIGN NOW.
Cool! Don’t forget to confirm via the e-mail you get. More soon! 😀
All these rules are what i need to make my shooting experience better! Thank you for the great tips and i will use these where ever i am shooting!
Comments are closed.