This best-ever meatloaf is an easy to make dish that our family loves. You can also substitute beef, deer or other game meat if you do not have elk available. Serve it up with mashed potatoes, green beans, or sides of your choosing. H loves to smother a slice of meatloaf with mashed potatoes, shredded cheese, and Cholula sauce. How do you dish yours up?
Basic Elk Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground elk (or other ground meat)
- 1 egg whole large
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 sleeve Saltine crackers crushed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 tablespoon Season All
- Preheat oven to 350 F.Add the ground elk to a large bowl. Add the egg, catsup, Worcestershire, and vinegar and knead until the items are well mixed. Next, add the crushed crackers, garlic, onion, and Season All. knead until the mixture is well blended. Transfer the mixture to a prepared 5″x9″ loaf pan. Squirt lines of catsup over the top of the uncooked loaf. Cover the pan and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the cover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove the loaf pan and allow it to rest 15 to 20 minutes prior to serving.
Advertisements on this site do not express or represent the opinion of MAC Outdoors or Mia Anstine. This article may include affiliate links.