Making a hearty dinner in a pinch doesn’t have to be a challenge. Just like you, we’ve been busy as can be. With school, work, hunting season, board meetings, family and everything else life throws at us, finding time to cook can be a challenge. Here’s a super easy recipe for a flavorful home-cooked meal.
Quick and Easy Venison Tacos
- 1-1/2 pound ground venison (other game or store-bought meat may be substituted)
- 1 package taco seasoning (This time I used McCormick)
- 1 Hot House tomato
- 1 package salad greens
- 2 avocados ripened
- 1 can refried beans 16oz
- 12 small flour tortillas
- Shredded Mexican cheese, or nacho and taco cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the venison over medium-high heat.
- While the meat is cooking, chop your tomato and slice the avocados.
- When the meat is cooked through, add the taco seasoning and simmer per package directions. (Note: Heat until almost cooked through. Game meat cooks rapidly. Take care not to overcook it.)
- Warm the refried beans, in a saucepan while the meat is simmering.
- When the meat and beans are hot, heat the tortillas.
- Add small amounts of beans, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato and avocado to the tortilla. Top it off with the salsa of your choice.
- WHALLAH! Tacos for dinner. Enjoy!
Advertisements on this site do not express or represent the opinion of MAC Outdoors or Mia Anstine.