Making a hearty dinner in a pinch doesn’t have to be a challenge. Just like you, we’ve been busy as can be. With school, work, hunting season, board meetings, family and everything else life throws at us, finding time to cook can be a challenge. Here’s a super easy recipe for a flavorful home-cooked meal.
- 1-1/2 lb. Ground venison (other game or store-bought meat may be substituted)
- 1 package Taco Seasoning (This time I used McCormick)
- 1 hot house tomato
- 1 package salad greens
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 can Refried beans, 16 oz.
- 12 small flour tortillas
- Shredded Mexican cheese, or nacho and taco cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the venison over medium-high heat
- While the meat is cooking, chop your tomato and slice the avocados.
- When the meat is cooked through, add the taco seasoning and simmer per package directions. (Note: Heat until almost cooked through. Game meat cooks rapidly. Take care not to overcook it.)
- Warm the refried beans, in a saucepan, while the meat is simmering.
- When the meat and beans are hot, heat the tortillas.
- Add small amounts of beans, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato and avocado to the tortilla.
- Top it off with the salsa of your choice.