I recently shared a picture of my dinner, a mango-salsa salmon and avocado slaw burrito. With such deliciousness wrapped in my favorite package, I shared the image asking who would like the recipe and many of you said, “YES!”
You’ll find the recipes for the salmon and the slaw listed below. I split them out as two because some may not want both or may not want them wrapped up into a tortilla. No worries. They’re delicious separately.
For burritos, break flakes off of the salmon fillet, add the slaw and some shredded cheese, then wrap them up in a tortilla. I like them with hot or cold salmon.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Fun-flavorful meals like this are a great way to get your family to eat their vegetables. If you decide to make burritos it’ll hide the veggies better and you’ll get more servings than I’ve listed. You’ll just have to play that by ear.
Mango-Salsa Salmon and Avocado Slaw Burritos
- Barbeque grill
- 1 mango peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed, then chopped finely
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Olive oil spray
- 2 salmon fillets skin removed (Wild caught salmon is best. Share your adventure stories at dinner.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Avocado Slaw Ingredients
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded then chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage shredded then chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and shredded
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
Mango Salmon Instructions
- Prepare your food while you preheat your grill to medium heat. Combine the mango, jalapeno, onion, cilantro and lemon juice in a large bowl. Sprinkle the lime juice over the entire mixture and stir thoroughly. Set the mixture aside while you prep your salmon.Tear yourself two 12″ by 12″ sheets of aluminum foil. Coat the foil with the olive oil spray then place the clean salmon filet in the middle of the foil. Sprinkle each fillet with lemon juice and then top them evenly with a fine layer of garlic powder.Top the salmon fillets equally with the mango salsa mixture. Fold and close the foil around the salmon to create envelope-like pouches. Make sure the corners are folded so no juices spill into your grill.Place the pouches on the grill, salsa side down for five minutes then flip them over, grilling them an additional 10-to 15-minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your fillets. Check to see if the fillet is cooked through by carefully opening the pouch and using a fork to pull the flakes of fish apart. The color should be the same all the way through, no darker pink spots in the center.Prepare your Avocado Slaw while the salmon is cooking. Serve the salmon with the slaw as a side or allow the salmon to cool then add both items to a tortilla to create a burrito (some people call these “wraps.”)
Avocado Slaw Instructions
- Combine all ingredients then place in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
Help me create better videos for YOU by showing your support at Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/MiaAnstine.
Advertisements on this site do not express or represent the opinion of MAC Outdoors or Mia Anstine. This article may include affiliate links.