Since it’s summertime, I have to revive a favorite elk recipe. This is one I play with all the time, depending on the mood of my taste buds. I sometimes add barbecue sauce. Sometimes I leave out the blue cheese, add garlic, sauteed mushrooms, and so on. You can also substitute beef, deer or other game meat if you don’t have elk available. Let me know how you like them.
Blue-Cheese Elk Burger
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 2 pounds ground elk (or other red meat)
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet, add vegetable oil. Heat over medium heat. Add onions and saute. Set them aside to cool. (we puree the onions after sauteing them and add them as below so the kids don’t notice them).In a large mixing bowl, add the egg, thyme, rosemary, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire. Mix thoroughly. Add mixture to ground meat and mix until well blended. After the mixture is well blended, add blue cheese if desired. If you’re questioning the blue cheese, TRY IT! You just might like it. If you don’t like it, simply leave it out next time.
Help me create better videos for YOU by showing your support at Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/MiaAnstine.
Advertisements on this site do not express or represent the opinion of MAC Outdoors or Mia Anstine. This article may include Amazon Affiliate links.