Making a hearty dinner in a pinch doesn’t have to be a challenge. Just like you, we’ve been busy as can be. With school, work, hunting season, board meetings, family and everything else life throws at us, finding time to cook can be a challenge. Here’s a super easy recipe for a flavorful home-cooked meal.
Quick and Easy Venison Tacos
- 1-1/2 pound ground venison (other game or store-bought meat may be substituted)
- 1 package taco seasoning (This time I used McCormick)
- 1 Hot House tomato
- 1 package salad greens
- 2 avocados ripened
- 1 can refried beans 16oz
- 12 small flour tortillas
- Shredded Mexican cheese, or nacho and taco cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the venison over medium-high heat.
- While the meat is cooking, chop your tomato and slice the avocados.
- When the meat is cooked through, add the taco seasoning and simmer per package directions. (Note: Heat until almost cooked through. Game meat cooks rapidly. Take care not to overcook it.)
- Warm the refried beans, in a saucepan while the meat is simmering.
- When the meat and beans are hot, heat the tortillas.
- Add small amounts of beans, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato and avocado to the tortilla. Top it off with the salsa of your choice.
- WHALLAH! Tacos for dinner. Enjoy!
Mia Anstine is an outdoor writer, licensed outfitter, hunting guide, life coach, keynote speaker, and a range safety officer, firearms instructor, and archery instructor. She is the founder of MAC Outdoors and Host of the MAC Outdoors Podcast.
Mia Anstine strives to encourage others to outdoors, hunt, fish, shoot, and survive life with others in a positive way.
This website contains affiliate links. For information on what this means, click here.
Want to write to me?
MAC Outdoors LLC
PO Box 31
Ignacio, CO 81137-0031