Thomas, aka, Tom is the resident mascot at the ranch and key socialite. He always enjoys keeping company with family and friends. Thomas enjoys the sound of gun fire and is always close by when the shotguns, rifles or pistols come out. Today he & the kids learned an important rule of safety at the range.
Be aware of your surroundings. When you are handling a firearm, always be aware what is in front of your gun. When you are at a shooting range, always stand clear of the firing line.
Thomas needed to be aware that the kids were shooting and stay behind the firing line. The kids needed to be aware that the range wasn’t clear.
A shooter must make sure the range is clear before even lifting the firearm to shoot at their target. Thomas and The Little Gal learned that it is not safe for Thomas to stand in front of the shooting bench.
The rules were explained to Thomas and the kids. Always stand clear of the firing line. Thomas stepped behind the fence and quietly watched his friends as they practiced good, safe shots.
Firearm safety rules (according to NRA gun safety rules):
- Always point the gun in a safe direction
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot
- Always keep your gun unloaded until you are ready to use it
- Always know your target and what is in front of or beyond
- Always learn how to use the fire arm safely
- Always know your fire arm is safe to use (undamaged, clean & operable)
- Always use the correct ammunition for your firearm
- Always wear eye and ear protection
Advertisements on this site do not express or represent the opinion of MAC Outdoors or Mia Anstine.