I am co-owner of Wolf Creek Outfitters, Inc. (WCO). I am an NRA Certified Shooting instructor and NASP Archery Instructor.
My daughter and I have a column at the Women’s Outdoor News called Mia and the Little Gal. It is sponsored by Girls with Guns Clothing.
I am proud to write “Comfort Zone” for Western Whitetail Magazine.
I am also a contributor to Beretta Blog.
Pro Staff and Field Staff
I am on the elite Field Staff for Prois Hunting and Field Apparel. I am on the Pro-Staff for TenPoint Crossbows. My daughter, LG and are are proud Field Staff members of HerCAMOShop.com
I am an active board member for my local SCI chapter. I am a member of Colorado’s Sportsman’s Round-table committee. I am a member of the Professional Outdoor Media Association.
Posts, articles, video and interviews including me.
- NRA Women.TV: New Energy Trailer
- Wild World of Carrie Z: Team HerCAMOShop Turkey Extravaganza
- Daily Caller: AMERICA’S GREAT OUTDOORS: Reversing decades of decline, the number of hunters and anglers is on the rise
- Outdoor Blogger Network: Quickfire Interview with Rebecca
- NRA Blog:Blogger Mia Anstine firing an ArmaLite with a .338 at SHOT Show Media Day 2011
- Cam and Co: SHOT Show 2012: Women’s Outdoor News Panel
- NRA Blog: From single to family hunting with @Mia_Anstine
- My Gun Culture: How to stare a bull elk into your freezer our interview with huntress Mia Anstine
More about ME
I feel it is important for everyone to get a chance to connect with Mother Nature and the outdoor life. I spend many days in the outdoors, hunting, fishing or shooting and always look forward to sharing my many unforgettable adventures.
I grew up in a rural area of Southwest Colorado. I spent my time as a child near the river in front of our home, and hiking in the hills behind. It is there that I began my adventures and learned to respect the outdoors. My father hunted to provide for our family, and taught me firearm safety and how to dress and process animals. My mother taught me how to prepare wild game, how to garden, sew and to live off the land. In my teen years, my parents divorced and I moved to the city with my mother. It is there that I learned to truly appreciate the outdoors and all my fantastic experiences as a young child.
At WCO we offer private land hunts in New Mexico and Colorado. I spend more than 150 days each year in the outdoors hunting, scouting, shooting and fishing. In the past I have hunted elk, mule deer, black bear, turkey, game birds, waterfowl, predators, varmints, hogs, carp and have many more hunts on my bucket list. I enjoy participating in firearms courses, archery courses and various ladies outdoor events. My outfitting company promotes, and I guide, ladies and children for their first big game or turkey hunt. Come hunt with me!
If there is something you would like me to write about, just ask.